These vegan gluten free brownies make a healthy indulgence anytime made with coconut flour. They are moist and fudgy and easy to prepare, plus theyâ€™re baked in a muffin tin which gives them a perfect two-bite shape!
These vegan gluten free brownies are so simple to make and so delicious. You will amaze yourself at how much the taste and texture is similar to the traditional fudge brownies, however, these are sans refined flour, eggs and dairy. Ive been working on a gluten free brownie recipe for quite some time, so I am beyond pleased with hoe these turned out. Not only me, but I've had excellent reviews from for those that have a serious gluten intolerance...they tell me these were made for them! These are one of my favourite things to make for their ease of creation, simplicity, fudgey texture and chocolatey flavour. I mean, who doesn't love a good chocolate brownie?
These brownies are baked in a muffin tin to help keep their shape; often cutting into gluten free baked goods leads to crumbs everywhere...so take out the middle man, in this case, the traditional square brownie pan, and PRESTO, no crumbs. You'll be surprised how dense and moist these gluten free brownies really are, they're not crummy at all, no pun intended.
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES
For the Brownies:
- 2 tablespoon Flax meal + 6 tablespoon Water
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅔ Cup Coconut Flour
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa or Raw Cacao Powder T
- 2 tablespoon Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Combine flax meal and water and set aside for 10 minutes. In a food processor, combine coconut oil and sugar. Process until combined. Add vanilla and flax mixture [flax eggs]; process until combined.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut flour and blend on high until well combined.
- Use a ¼ cup scoop, spoon the batter into an ungreased muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before removing.
- To make the Chocolate drizzle, melt the coconut oil and a microwave safe dish. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and smooth in consistency; it should gently run off the spoon. Drizzle to your hearts content!
Disclaimer: all recipes on this site are developed and tested in a Canadian kitchen with Canadian ingredients at normal elevation using an electric oven and stove. Results may vary.
This is an approximation of the nutrition offered in this recipe, and is created using a nutrition calculator. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your preferred calculator.