Sweet summer blueberries and chai spice come together to create these dreamy vegan blueberry chai creamsicles. A base of coconut milk and raw cashews make this the perfect dairy-free creamsicle!
It’s 100% Summer out there. The summer solstice arrived last week and let us all know that the sun is here to stay. The radio is already saturated with old school summer hits (and misses), many of which I’m happy to leave in the past. I won’t hesitate to keep Mr. Marley & the Wailers on repeat, though.
I’d started blogging in late August last year, so I missed so the opportunity to share all my favourite summer recipes with you. And, since the sun in shining, I won’t keep you too long with my ramblings. Let me tell you all about these delicious vegan blueberry chai creamsicles!
Vegan Blueberry Chai Creamsicles
These are such a lovely frozen treat for those up and coming heat waves. Sweet Summer blueberries and chai spice make a fantastic flavour combination.
Combined with creamy coconut milk makes these feel like such a decadent indulgence. They come together with little fuss and make a great go-to dessert for cooling off during those hot summer evenings.
Tips to make the best vegan creamsicles
- Blend the cashews really well– you want them to be really smooth to create that perfect creamy texture. A high powered blender is really helpful here.
- Use Full Fat Coconut milk – the fat content will ensure you get a well rounded and creamy texture. The coconut flavour isn’t really detectable (to me, anyway).
- Use a good popsicle mold- I absolutely love this mold. However, find one that you like and use that.
- Make you own chai spice – it’s easier and cheaper to make your own chai spice. I have a recipe for homemade chai spice in this post here
Want more frozen treats like this?
If you like my vegan blueberry chai creamsicles, don’t miss my:
Dairy-Free Blueberry Chai Creamsicles [vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries thawed
- 400 ml can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews unsoaked
- 1 1/2 tsp chai spice (recipe link in notes below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Puree the thawed blueberries in a small blender, or small food processor (I like to use a handheld immersion blender for this part). Set aside.
In a full sized blender, combine the coconut milk, cashews, chai spice, lemon juice, sea salt, agave nectar and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth (about 30 seconds if using a high powered blender like a VitaMix).
Pour the coconut milk mixture into your popsicle mold, filling only half way. Pour several spoonfuls of the blueberry puree into the molds. Pour the remaining coconut milk mixture into the mold, making sure to leave a about 1/2 cm at the top for the popsicles to expand during freezing. Using a chopstick, gently swirl the mixtures together to create a marble effect.
Insert the popsicle sticks as per the directions for your mold and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours.