A simple and refreshing summer melon smoothie made from a blend of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. This recipe comes together quickly in a blender and is a perfect icy drink for summer rounded out with a pinch of sea salt.
Why you'll love this recipe
This simple summer melon smoothie recipe features three varieties of melons, a touch of honey or maple syrup to sweeten. This smoothie develops a really pink ombre effect once poured.
This recipe comes together really fast in a blender and is the perfect icy drink for summer rounded out with a pinch of sea salt.
The Benefits of Watermelon in Smoothies
Watermelons are particularly high in water content and can help keep you hydrated during the hot summer days. Moreover, watermelon contains vitamin C and vitamin A and antioxidants.
Watermelon is also particularly delicious!
What you will need
- honeydew melon
- filtered water
- honey or maple syrup
- ice cubes
- sea salt
How to make this recipe
This recipe couldn't be easier. Basically, add all the ingredients to a high powered blender in the order listed. Then, blend on high for 20-30 seconds and serve.
Tips to make this recipe perfect
- Use fresh ripe melons - they should also be free of blemishes or bruises. Even better if you can source an organic variety or a melon from a local grower because they will likely be EXTRA sweet and juicy.
- Wash the melons well before cutting into them - this is a general food safe tip.
- Add the ingredients to the blender in the order listed - this will help ensure everything blends up nicely.
- A high powered blender is amazing - you want the ice to blend up smooth and evenly. I love using a Vitamix for all my blending needs and you can find a link to my favourite one by checking out my shop page.
- Adjust to your liking - don't like cantaloupe or honeydew? Add more watermelon or melon of your choosing.
- Serve right away - this smoothie is best served right away.
Can I use frozen melon for this recipe?
Yes! I have made this recipe using frozen melon chunks and it works well, however, you will need to omit the ice and add a little extra water to achieve your desired consistency. It can be a challenge to find frozen melon in my area, hence why I mostly use fresh.
Is Honey Considered Vegan?
Some people who prefer not to consume honey or bee products, and that is a choice I respect. I choose to support our local beekeeper and admire their unmediated, ethical harvest and care for their hives and colonies.
There's a lot of debate about consuming bee products and I will let you decide one way or the other what is right. However if you are not interested in using honey, maple syrup will also work in this recipe.
More recipes like this
Sunrise citrus and root smoothie
Refreshing Summer Melon Smoothie
An easy and refreshing summer melon smoothie made from a blend of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. This naturally sweetened smoothie makes a great drink for hot summer days.
- 2 cups cantaloupe chopped
- ½ cup honeydew melon chopped
- 2 ½ cups watermelon chopped
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 pinch sea salt
In a high-powered blender, add all the ingredients in the order listed. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds. Serve immediately.
This smoothie is also enjoyable without maple syrup or honey. Sweetener can also be adjusted to suit your taste.
Congratulations and thank you for reminding how good and tastey these are. I ll be starting my day tomorrow with your recipe.
Heidi Richter says
They really are! Glad to hear it!