I certainly appreciate a nice glass of wine in celebration of the season. I also love fresh juice blends made to seem like they’re crafted by some talented barkeep!
During winter, fresh pressed juices are hard to come by in my day simply because I opt for warm and cozy meals and hot drinks to keep the chills away. However, fresh juice mocktails are a great way to keep the vitamin C intake high, while keeping with the festive spirits (pun intended) of the season.
Here I’ve simply combined pears, oranges, lemon and lime juice and blended them with sweetener and a punch of spicy ginger root. Frozen cranberries make for excellent ice cubes that infuse an added dose of refreshing antioxidants as they melt in your glass.
This mocktail is sweet with strong citrus and ginger notes; it’s just lovely to sip on during the evening for a refreshing and healthy take on cocktail hour. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It may even help you keep the winter sniffles at bay for maximum holiday enjoyment!
| serves 3 |
- 2 Pears, cored and stems removed
- 2 Large Navel Oranges, Peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1″ piece of Fresh Ginger Root
- 3-4 TBSP Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Frozen Cranberries
- Sparkling Water
1. Place the pears, oranges, lemon juice, lime juice and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Strain the mixture into a pitcher and stir in the maple syrup or sweetener of choice until well incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
3. Pour the juice into three glasses, add several frozen cranberries and fill with sparkling water. Add a small pinch of fresh grated nutmeg and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES | You can adjust the sweetness of your juice to your liking; the overall sweetness depends primarily on the sweetness of the oranges you use and ripeness of the pears. You can garnish this with a cinnamon stick or with a sprig of rosemary for additional herbal benefits. I adore fresh rosemary sprigs this time of year.