These are so simple to make and so delicious. You will amaze yourself at how much the taste and texture is similar to the conventional fudge brownie, however, these are sans refined flour, eggs and dairy.
This recipe is similar to my superfood spinach brownie recipe, but here, the focus is on the gluten free variety without the spinach…in case you want to indulge and forget about veggies for a while [that’s OK with me]! These are one of my favourite things to make for their ease of creation, simplicity, fudgey texture and chocolatey flavour.
My brownies are baked in a muffin tin to help keep their shape; often cutting into gluten free baked goods leads to crumbs everywhere…so take out the middle man, in this case, the traditional square brownie pan, and PRESTO, no crumbs. You’ll be surprised how dense and moist these gluten free brownies really are, they’re not crummy at all, no pun intended.
GLUTEN-FREE FUDGEY BROWNIES
| Makes 10-2″ brownies |
For the Brownies:
- 2 TBSP Flax meal + 6 TBSP Water
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 2 TBSP Cocoa or Raw Cacao Powder T
- 2 TBSP Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350’F. Combine flax meal and water and set aside for 10 minutes. In a food processor, combine coconut oil and sugar. Process until combined. Add vanilla and flax mixture [flax eggs]; process until combined.
2. Add in cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut flour and blend on high until well combined.
3. Use a ¼ cup scoop, spoon the batter into an ungreased muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before removing.
4. To make your Chocolate drizzle, melt the coconut oil and a microwave safe dish. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and smooth in consistency; it should gently run off the spoon. Drizzle to your hearts content!