There certainly is a lot that can be said for “the cookie”. But not to worry, I’m not one waste too much time on the subject. Here is your recipe for Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are the best vegan chocolate chips cookies, hands down. Not only are they chewy and dense, they’re loaded with chunks of semi sweet chocolate…and for a twist on this old fashioned recipe, there’s the added warmth of cinnamon. try these fresh from the oven; they’re just the best!
“People have got to learn: if they don’t have cookies in the cookie jar, they can’t eat cookies.”
THE BEST VEGAN CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
|Makes about 18 cookies |
1 Cup coconut oil
1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Ener-G egg replacer + 4 Tablespoons water (mixed together)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 Cups Vegan Chocolate Chips (I prefer Enjoy Life brand) or 1 Bar (85g) of Vegan Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl beat coconut oil with electric mixer (or by hand) for 30 seconds. Add coconut sugar, cane sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
2. In a small bowl, mix the egg replacer powder and water together and stir to ensure there are no lumps.
3. Add the egg replacer mixture and vanilla to the sugar and coconut oil mixture and beat until combined. Then, beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon cookie dough with 1/4 cup measure, form into a ball and place 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
5. Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove the baking tray from the oven and with the back of a spatula, gently press down on each cookie, to flatten them (this is an optional step, but I find it makes the cookies more dense and chewy once cool).
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Enjoy with a glass of cold almond or cashew milk…cookie heaven!
Notes | Instead of the coconut sugar, use more cane sugar, this will lighten the appearance of the cookies. More coconut sugar gives these a darker hue. If you slightly under bake these cookies, you’ll get an even more chewy texture when they’re cool. I under bake my cookies by about 1 to 2 minutes max and then lightly press them down with the back of a solid spatula as noted above.